Continuing Education Credit
On successful completion of the examination, 0.8 CEUs (8.0 contact hours/CCUs) and a certificate of completion will be awarded. The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102. Provider (#380). You must attend the live event and complete the online posttest with at least 70 percent accuracy in order to claim CEU credit.
Many state agencies recognize APTA as a recognized or approved provider for continuing education. The following state agencies have granted prior approval for this continuing education offering:
Course Completion Requirements
- California Physical Therapy Association: CPTA2010-011
- Nevada Board of Physical Therapy Examiners: Pending
- Ohio State Board of Physical Therapy: Pending
- Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure & Supervision: Pending
- Pennsylvania: Pending
- Texas Physical Therapy Association: APTA082010TPTA2013016
You must attend the live event and complete the online posttest with at least 70 percent accuracy in order to claim CEU credit.
Q: I am joining the LIVE course. How can I claim my CEUs?
A: The continuing education unit (CEU) testing is being hosted the American Physical Therapy Association via their online Learning Center. If you join the LIVE course - whether in–person or online – you can complete the online testing for up to two weeks after the course. You are also welcome to complete the testing on the day of the event after each session.
Here’s how to get ready:
- Step 1: Get started early by visiting the APTA Learning Center at http://learningcenter.apta.org/pdfcourse.aspx. When you opt to "Purchase" the course, if you do not already have a username and password with APTA, it will prompt you to create one. If you do have a username and password, it will take you immediately into the system. Please note that if you begin the exam early, the results will not be counted.
- Step 2: During the LIVE course, you will be permitted to enter the online pages at APTA and start taking the test. Because you are participating in the LIVE course, if you view all of the sessions, you will be given ONE test for the whole day. We suggest you open the test, but do not begin until you are prepared to finish it. There will be 55 questions. Please note, you do NOT have to do this as you will have two weeks to complete the test, but if you would like to do so, you may. If you choose to watch only part of the course live, and return later to watch recordings of other sessions, you will be asked to take four 13-questions tests separately.
- Step 3: Please note that a 70 percent pass rate will be required and you will be offered four opportunities to take the test. All questions about CEUs should be directed to APTA at (877) 399-4925.
Q: What are the learning objectives for this course?
A: Click here
to download a copy of the learning objectives for this course.
Q: I am a physical therapist. How many continuing education units (CEUs) are available through this course?
A: The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) is accredited as a provider of continuing physical therapy education by the International Association of Continuing Education & Training (IACET).
The APTA will offer a maximum of eight credits for participants of this online course upon completion of all four modules. Completion of less than four modules is permitted but will decrease the total number of credits earned. After each module is viewed and the accompanying tests taken with a 70 percent pass rate, a certificate for credit will be emailed to the email address on file for the registrant. Participants should only claim credits commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Please note: APTA will record the details of the tests taken and CEUs earned and will follow the IACET compliancy guidelines to ensure your credits are filed appropriately.
The modules can be watched over time and accompanying tests taken over time. They need not be taken all in one sitting. You will be able to re-enter the system on the APTA website multiple times to watch speakers and to take the tests.
If you are a physical therapist and have additional questions about CEUs, please contact APTA directly.
Q: I am a health care professional, but not a physical therapist. Can I receive CEUs from this course?
A: If you are an occupational therapist, nurse, speech pathologist or other therapist and would like to apply for continuing education credits, you will still be required to take a test after viewing each module and upon achieving 70 percent accuracy, you will review a ‘certificate of completion’ for that module.
You can collect the certificates of completion and submit them along with details of this course, to your professional accrediting body to pursue credits on your own. Download the Program Outline and Learning Objectives.